Personnel and establishing a winning team to implement the goals for your department will be 80% of your daily activities. Budgeting and assuring required resources are in place to retain your employees will encompass the remaining 20% of your time as a manager and/or supervisor. The information below has been created to supplement supervisor resources provided by UC Davis Human Resources.
Can't find what you're looking for? Please contact your HR representative for your department to get additional information.
- Contact the college's human resources team to discuss the hiring process.
- Want to hire a student employee? Review the college's guide to Student Employment (login required).
- Recruitment Resources
- Visa Sponsorship
- Compensation Information, including Frequently Asked Questions
- TRS Information as a Supervisor
- Benefits Information
- Leave Management Forms
- Onboarding Checklist - Hiring Manager: To be used by hiring managers in the College of Engineering to create and facilitate the onboarding process
- Onboarding Service Request Form: The first step in the college's staff onboarding process, to be submitted as soon as possible (no less than 3 days) following the new staff member's offer acceptance
- Onboarding Checklist - New Staff Member: To be used by new staff members in the College of Engineering to utilize in coordination with the hiring manager's version
- Onboarding Toolkit Supervisor's Guide
- How to Fill Out "Cubicle" Information
- Immediate supervisors play an important role in employees' performance and professional growth. Learn more about the performance management process and reach out HR for more information.
- DEI Resources (College; Campus)
- Emergency and Crisis Management
- Employee Engagement Guides
- Employee Relations - Grievance Procedures
- Flex Work Agreement
- Maintaining Employee Records
- Misc. Employee Resources (College; Campus)
- Personnel Records
- Performance Appraisal Guides
- Professional Development and Corrective Action Planning
- Learning and Development
- Offboarding - Notice of Departing Employee: To be used as a supplement to the Onboarding Service Request Form, part of the college’s Onboarding Checklist, when a new employee has not been identified yet to fill a departing employee's position
Didn't find what you're looking for? Contact an HR representative for additional information.