College of Engineering Purchasing and Accounts Payable Shared Services
SSU Winter break closure
Shared Services - Purch & AP Unit is closed the week of December 25th - 29th, 2023 for the Winter break.
Aggie Enterprise COE Shared Svc-Purch & AP deadline dates for Departments
In preparation for the Aggie Enterprise system cut over & go-live date on January 3, 2024, please see the following Shared Services-Purch & AP deadlines in order to meet the Supply Chain Management's deadlines:
Nov 3’23 – last day to submit a request for a new supplier record or request edits to an existing record to meet the Nov 9th SCM deadline.
Nov 10’23 – last day to create new Requisitions and Purchase Agreements with complete documents in KFS to meet the Nov 22nd SCM deadline.
Dec 1’23 – last day for the departments to approve the Requisitions & Purchase Agreements in KFS.
Nov 27’23 – last day to create and approve Aggiebuy requisitions to meet the Dec 8th SCM deadline.
Dec 11’23 – last day to create a Disbursement Voucher (DV) with complete documents to meet the Dec 18th SCM deadline.
Dec 4’23 - last day to process with complete documents/info for T&E/cash advance requests in Aggie Expense to meet the Dec 14th SCM deadline. Processing of Travel & Entertainment and cash advance requests resume on Jan 15’24.
- SSU will continue to process pcard orders.
- Rush or Emergency order requests after Nov 10th need to provide a justified reason. Nov 10th to the 22nd, SSU can still process the rush order in KFS. Requests after Nov 22nd, SSU will have to send a request to email@example.com with the order details or fill out an online form for the order request.
- What constitutes a Rush or Emergency order request: By campus policy, emergency situations include: 1) life threatening; 2) catastrophic events; 3) critical equipment failure; 4) organized labor strike and 5) public safety. The following does not constitute an emergency; 1) incentives such as sales discount and quote expiration; 2) late receipt of funding; 3) unsupported need; or 4) travel deadline.
- The deadlines provided are subject to change based on SCM's updates
Aggie Enterprise Cut Over dates
Beginning in November and continuing through the end of December, some of Supply Chain Management’s systems and processes will need to be halted to prepare for the go-live of Aggie Enterprise in January 2024. This includes deactivating the Kuali Financial System (KFS) and AggieBuy. In addition, AggieExpense will be temporarily unavailable for reconciliation activities.
Below are just a few of the deadlines:
- Last day for adding or updating a supplier November 9, 2023
- Last day for new requisitions and agreements November 22, 2023
- Last day for new AggieBuy requisitions December 8, 2023
- Last day for processing a Purchase Order invoice December 11, 2023
- Last day for submitting AggieExpense reports December 14, 2023
You’ll find more detailed information and a full list of important dates on our deadlines webpage. Please review them carefully and start planning now for the transition
Shared Services -Purch & AP Fiscal Close deadlines 2022-2023
Kindly refer to the Shared Services -Purch & AP Fiscal Close deadlines adhering to the Supply Chain Management’s schedule:
- Supplier set up requests and supplier edit requests in Kuali for Requisitions and Purchase Agreements that require approval from Procurement and Contracting Services, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by May 22,2023 to meet the June 1,2023 SCM deadline.
- Requisitions that will require approval by Procurement and Contracting Services and Purchase Agreements for active vendors in KFS, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by May 29,2023 to meet the June 9,2023 SCM deadline
- Supplier set up requests and supplier edit requests in Kuali for Automatic Purchase Order (REQs) and Disbursement Voucher documents, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by June 5,2023 to meet the June 15,2023 SCM deadline
- Travel and Entertainment & Supplies reimbursements, SSU needs to receive the approved and completed documents in OPP by June 12,2023 to meet the June 23,2023 SCM deadline
Please refer to the Supply Chain Management website for more Fiscal Close details.
SSU Winter break closure
Shared Services - Purch & AP Unit is closed the week of December 26th - 30th, 2022 for the Winter break.
COE RECEIVING WINTER CLOSURE
Shared Services Unit will suspend placing orders beginning Dec 16th because of COE Receiving's Winter closure from Dec. 23, 2022 - Jan 2, 2023 to avoid packages from being sent back to the vendor for 'undelivered' reason.
Winter Holiday Deadlines
In line with the Supply Chain Management’s upcoming purchasing winter holiday deadline on December 7, 2022 at 5:00pm, the following department approved and completed documents must be in the Prepurchasing System (OPP) by November 30th (Wed) by 5:00pm. It will give the Shared Services Purchasing & AP team time to process and route to SCM on or before the specified deadline.
- KFS Requisitions (REQs) requiring review and approval by Procurement and Contracting Services, this includes service and repair
- Purchase Agreements (PA)
- Vendor Requests associated with those REQs and PA documents
Refer to Supply Chain Management's Winter 2022 Holiday Schedule including Mail Services.
What is the definition of an Emergency?
The university's definition of an emergency includes the following conditions:
Life threatening situations for human and/or animal life.
Catastrophic events such as, flood, fire, earthquake or other natural disasters that pose a threat to human and/or animal life, adversely affect the university mission, or threaten university property.
Critical equipment failure, either on or off campus, that seriously increases the risk exposure of the university or may cause an extraordinary impact on funding.
Organized labor strikes, of local, regional or national scope.
Weather conditions affecting agriculture, human and animal shelter, and construction.
Public safety incidents that seriously increase the risk exposure of the university or threaten life or property, such as riots, criminal acts, and terrorist actions.
The following normally do not constitute an emergency:
Incentives such as, sales, discounts, short term promotions, price/quote expiration, provided by supplier for the purpose of meeting supplier sales quotas.
Receipt of funding authorizing equipment and supply purchases.
Norma Andrade Promoted to Shared Services Procurement Supervisor
Andrade will supervise the purchasing and accounts payable specialists and manage and process high-dollar procurement. She has vast experience in customer service, leadership and procurement policies and procedures in the college. Her first day will be September 19,2022
UC Announce Increase to Meal Rates for Travel and Entertainment
In response to soaring food prices, UC has increased the maximum per person amounts for the reimbursement of travel and entertainment meal expenses. These rates apply to travel and entertainment reports submitted in the AggieExpense system after Sept. 9, 2022.
Meal reimbursement for Travel under 30 days within the lower 48 states is now capped at $79 per day of travel, up from $62. As a reminder, only actual expenses may be claimed. The UC does not provide a traditional “per diem”.
The maximum meal rates for entertainment and business meeting meals are as follows:
Breakfast $31 (previously $28)
Lunch $54 (previously $49)
Dinner $94 (previously $85)
Light refreshments $22 (previously $20)
These amounts include the cost of food and beverages, labor, sales tax, service, and delivery charges, but not any room or equipment rentals.
For more information, visit our Travel Meals and Incidentals web page and the Allowable Entertainment Expenses page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. UC Davis Health Travel and Entertainment questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Fiscal Close 2021-2022 Deadlines
Kindly refer to the following deadlines adhering to Supply Chain Management's schedule:
- Supplier set up requests and supplier edit requests in Kuali for Requisitions and Purchase Agreements that require approval from Procurement and Contracting Services, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by May 23,2022 to meet the June 1, 2022 SCM deadline.
- Requisitions that will require approval by Procurement and Contracting Services and Purchase Agreements for active vendors in KFS, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by May 30,2022 to meet the June 10, 2022 SCM deadline
- Supplier set up requests and supplier edit requests in Kuali for Automatic Purchase Order (REQs) and Disbursement Voucher documents, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by June 6,2022 to meet the June 15,2022 SCM deadline
- Travel and Entertainment & Supplies reimbursements, SSU needs to receive the approved and completed documents in OPP by June 13,2022 to meet the June 27,2022 SCM deadline
Please refer to the Supply Chain Management website for more Fiscal Close details.
Submit Requisitions, Purchasing Agreements and Vendor Requests by December 1,2021
- All requisitions—including service and repair—purchasing agreements and associate vendor requests must be uploaded in the Prepurchasing system (OPP) by Wednesday, December 1 by 5 p.m. so the shared services purchasing and accounts payable team has time to process orders ahead of Supply Chain Management’s purchasing winter holiday deadline. [more…]
- Transaction time for placing orders is 3-5 days, but 5-10 days for travel, entertainment and supplies reimbursement [link] unless there is an emergency [link]. Be sure to upload all documents [link] and fill in all appropriate fields in the pre-purchasing system (OPP) to ensure timely processing.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: University of California has implemented a new policy on Purchases / Services that are $10,000 up to $250,000 called Small Business First. The policy is effective August 12,2021.
To learn more about Small Business First on the Supply Chain Management Purchasing Compliance with Small Business First webpage. If you have questions about Small Business First, please contact FOA-UD-SSO-SmallBusiness@ou.ad3.ucdavis.edu
COE-SS Purchasing Process changes in response to COVID-19.
Information on accessing and how to use the OPP system:
Get started: Prepurchasing Info Handout
Login: Online PrePurchasing
AggieExpense Tutorial link:
PURCHASING & REIMBURSEMENTS
2037 & 2039 Academic Surge
Remote Core Hours of Operation:
Monday Thru Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm
Engineering Shared Services Team members:
Irma Cerna, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org (530) 754-0442
Jill Kessler, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
email@example.com, (530) 754-0441
Marcie Valenzuela, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 754-0437
Irma Gonzalez, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
email@example.com (530) 754-0439
NOTE: Please use the unit’s group email for questions or follow ups: firstname.lastname@example.org
Norma Andrade, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Supervisor
email@example.com, (530) 754-0440
Pia Flory, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Team Support
firstname.lastname@example.org , (530) 754-0432
Melanie Clague, Director of Shared Services Purch & AP
email@example.com , (530) 752-9052