College of Engineering Purchasing and Accounts Payable Shared Services
SSU Winter break closure
Shared Services - Purch & AP Unit is closed the week of December 26th - 30th, 2022 for the Winter break.
COE RECEIVING WINTER CLOSURE
Shared Services Unit will suspend placing orders beginning Dec 16th because of COE Receiving's Winter closure from Dec. 23, 2022 - Jan 2, 2023 to avoid packages from being sent back to the vendor for 'undelivered' reason.
Winter Holiday Deadlines
In line with the Supply Chain Management’s upcoming purchasing winter holiday deadline on December 7, 2022 at 5:00pm, the following department approved and completed documents must be in the Prepurchasing System (OPP) by November 30th (Wed) by 5:00pm. It will give the Shared Services Purchasing & AP team time to process and route to SCM on or before the specified deadline.
- KFS Requisitions (REQs) requiring review and approval by Procurement and Contracting Services, this includes service and repair
- Purchase Agreements (PA)
- Vendor Requests associated with those REQs and PA documents
Refer to Supply Chain Management's Winter 2022 Holiday Schedule including Mail Services.
What is the definition of an Emergency?
The university's definition of an emergency includes the following conditions:
Life threatening situations for human and/or animal life.
Catastrophic events such as, flood, fire, earthquake or other natural disasters that pose a threat to human and/or animal life, adversely affect the university mission, or threaten university property.
Critical equipment failure, either on or off campus, that seriously increases the risk exposure of the university or may cause an extraordinary impact on funding.
Organized labor strikes, of local, regional or national scope.
Weather conditions affecting agriculture, human and animal shelter, and construction.
Public safety incidents that seriously increase the risk exposure of the university or threaten life or property, such as riots, criminal acts, and terrorist actions.
The following normally do not constitute an emergency:
Incentives such as, sales, discounts, short term promotions, price/quote expiration, provided by supplier for the purpose of meeting supplier sales quotas.
Receipt of funding authorizing equipment and supply purchases.
Norma Andrade Promoted to Shared Services Procurement Supervisor
Andrade will supervise the purchasing and accounts payable specialists and manage and process high-dollar procurement. She has vast experience in customer service, leadership and procurement policies and procedures in the college. Her first day will be September 19,2022
UC Announce Increase to Meal Rates for Travel and Entertainment
In response to soaring food prices, UC has increased the maximum per person amounts for the reimbursement of travel and entertainment meal expenses. These rates apply to travel and entertainment reports submitted in the AggieExpense system after Sept. 9, 2022.
Meal reimbursement for Travel under 30 days within the lower 48 states is now capped at $79 per day of travel, up from $62. As a reminder, only actual expenses may be claimed. The UC does not provide a traditional “per diem”.
The maximum meal rates for entertainment and business meeting meals are as follows:
Breakfast $31 (previously $28)
Lunch $54 (previously $49)
Dinner $94 (previously $85)
Light refreshments $22 (previously $20)
These amounts include the cost of food and beverages, labor, sales tax, service, and delivery charges, but not any room or equipment rentals.
For more information, visit our Travel Meals and Incidentals web page and the Allowable Entertainment Expenses page or contact email@example.com. UC Davis Health Travel and Entertainment questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fiscal Close 2021-2022 Deadlines
Kindly refer to the following deadlines adhering to Supply Chain Management's schedule:
- Supplier set up requests and supplier edit requests in Kuali for Requisitions and Purchase Agreements that require approval from Procurement and Contracting Services, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by May 23,2022 to meet the June 1, 2022 SCM deadline.
- Requisitions that will require approval by Procurement and Contracting Services and Purchase Agreements for active vendors in KFS, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by May 30,2022 to meet the June 10, 2022 SCM deadline
- Supplier set up requests and supplier edit requests in Kuali for Automatic Purchase Order (REQs) and Disbursement Voucher documents, SSU needs to receive the approved request in OPP with complete documents by June 6,2022 to meet the June 15,2022 SCM deadline
- Travel and Entertainment & Supplies reimbursements, SSU needs to receive the approved and completed documents in OPP by June 13,2022 to meet the June 27,2022 SCM deadline
Please refer to the Supply Chain Management website for more Fiscal Close details.
Submit Requisitions, Purchasing Agreements and Vendor Requests by December 1,2021
- All requisitions—including service and repair—purchasing agreements and associate vendor requests must be uploaded in the Prepurchasing system (OPP) by Wednesday, December 1 by 5 p.m. so the shared services purchasing and accounts payable team has time to process orders ahead of Supply Chain Management’s purchasing winter holiday deadline. [more…]
- Transaction time for placing orders is 3-5 days, but 5-10 days for travel, entertainment and supplies reimbursement [link] unless there is an emergency [link]. Be sure to upload all documents [link] and fill in all appropriate fields in the pre-purchasing system (OPP) to ensure timely processing.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: University of California has implemented a new policy on Purchases / Services that are $10,000 up to $250,000 called Small Business First. The policy is effective August 12,2021.
To learn more about Small Business First on the Supply Chain Management Purchasing Compliance with Small Business First webpage. If you have questions about Small Business First, please contact FOA-UD-SSO-SmallBusiness@ou.ad3.ucdavis.edu
COE-SS Purchasing Process changes in response to COVID-19.
Information on accessing and how to use the OPP system:
Get started: Prepurchasing Info Handout
Login: Online PrePurchasing
AggieExpense Tutorial link:
PURCHASING & REIMBURSEMENTS
2037 & 2039 Academic Surge
Hours of Operation:
Currently working from home
Engineering Shared Services Team members:
Irma Cerna, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
email@example.com (530) 754-0442
Jill Kessler, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 754-0441
vacant, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
Irma Gonzalez, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Specialist
email@example.com (530) 754-0439
NOTE: Please use the unit’s group email for questions or follow ups: firstname.lastname@example.org
Norma Andrade, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Supervisor
email@example.com, (530) 754-0440
Pia Flory, Purchasing and Accounts Payable Team Support
firstname.lastname@example.org , (530) 754-0432
Melanie Clague, Director of Shared Services Purch & AP
email@example.com , (530) 752-9052