The Outstanding Staff Awards were established in 2017. Each year, the college recognizes and honors College of Engineering staff members who show a strong commitment to the mission and vision of the college and consistently perform above and beyond expectations.
2024 Nomination Process
Nominations will open soon.
Preview the nomination form before beginning. Submissions should include specific examples of how the staff member demonstrated the criteria below. Multiple submissions are welcome.
If you need help with the process, have other questions or would like additional information, please email Molly Bechtel.
To be eligible for this award, the staff member must:
- Be a College of Engineering employee
- Have one year of service at the university (career or contract status)
- Be in good standing in their position (i.e., not be on formal corrective or disciplinary action)
- Not won the Outstanding Staff Award in the last five years
Nominees for this award should demonstrate outstanding job performance and will be evaluated through one or more of the following criteria:
- Exceptional service to students, faculty, staff and/or other stakeholders
- Innovative approaches toward greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Engagement with the campus community
- High morale and positive attitude
- Contributions to promote diversity, equity and inclusion
How to Write a Compelling Nomination
- Please use a neutral pronoun for anonymity. For example, “this person/our nominee/our candidate…”
- Include supporting statements with specific examples that address the award criteria. Examples should include outcomes, results and/or activities above and beyond the call of duty.
- Describe the outcome or impact of the nominee's contributions.
- What did the nominee accomplish?
- What were the specific benefits to the college, department and/or unit?
- Helpful words and phrases:
- Consistently goes above-and-beyond to…
- Regularly demonstrates excellence, integrity, leadership, outstanding commitment to…
- Is responsible for organizing, leading, tracking…
- Has successfully organized/executed
Review & Selection Process
Nominations are reviewed and evaluated by a committee of past award recipients with support from ex-officio members as appropriate. All nominations will be anonymous and confidential to the committee. The dean will notify award recipients and their nominators.