As part of the College of Engineering strategic planning priority to “attract, retain, and develop professional staff," an AOFTF team conducted a staff survey in fall 2020. Informed by the survey findings, the AOFTF team identified a need for and recommended the formation of Networking Groups for staff.
Networking Groups are intended to provide a space for staff in similar functional areas across all the College of Engineering to:
- Build relationships and network of support
- Provide learning community for new and experienced staff
- Promote collaboration and innovation
- Implement best practices college-wide
- Streamline processes for greater efficiency
Find Your Networking Group
Each Networking Group will have a listserv of similar positions across the college. These listservs will be updated as new hires and separations are announced.
If you would like to be added or removed from a listserv, identify an error or think of a group of staff that would benefit from networking, please contact us.
Networking Groups, Chairs and Contact Information
The following Networking Groups are currently active. Feel like something is missing? Have ideas? Please let us know.
- Advising (Graduate and Undergraduate Programs)
•Graduate Programs: Michelle Walker, Graduate Program Coordinator, Electrical and Computer and Engineering
•Undergraduate Programs: Andrea Abrahamson, Undergraduate Program Advisor, Computer Science, and Emma Wong, Academic Program Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Graduate and undergraduate program advisors will meet separately in the 2023-24 academic year.
Email list: email@example.com
- Account Managers, Financial Analysts, Contracts and Grants
•Jessica Rodriguez, Finance Officer, Advanced Highway Maintenance & Construction Technology (AHMCT) Research Center, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
•Rachael Rubinato, Financial Services Analyst, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Personnel, Visa Coordinators, Payroll and HR
•Amy Schwanhausser, Academic Personnel Specialist, Departments of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering
Email list: email@example.com
•Ruben Arevalo, Business Technical Support Analyst, Department of Biomedical Engineering
Email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Engineers, Shop Managers, Lab Managers and Safety Coordinators
•Steven Dilbert, Director of Safety, Dean's Office
Email list: email@example.com
Year in Review
Based on the group goals, the Chair/Co-Chairs will set reoccurring, hour-long, monthly meetings. The meeting format may vary based on the group goals.
- Kick-off Meeting (July-September): Each Networking Group will have an initial meeting to establish their group and set up the meetings for the next academic year. Each July, the groups should reevaluate their individual and group goals to keep the Networking Group current and relevant for all members.
- Mid-year Check-in (January): Networking Group Chair/Co-Chairs will meet with members of G52 Committee to discuss the group’s progress, plans for future and succession planning.
- Year-in-Review Celebration (June): Each Networking Group will have an end of the year meeting to reflect on the past year’s goals, celebrate their accomplishments and each other, and select the next year's Chair/Co-Chairs.