As part of the College of Engineering strategic planning priority to “attract, retain, and develop professional staff” led by the "G52" committee, an AOFTF team conducted a staff survey in fall 2020. Informed by the survey findings, the AOFTF team identified a need for and recommended the formation of Networking Groups for staff.
Networking Groups are intended to provide a space for staff in similar functional areas across all the College of Engineering to:
- Build relationships and network of support
- Provide learning community for new and experienced staff
- Promote collaboration and innovation
- Implement best practices college-wide
- Streamline processes for greater efficiency
Find Your Networking Group
Each Networking Group will have a roster of similar positions across the college. This roster and listserv will be updated as new hires and separations are announced in the bi-monthly Staff Scoop e-newsletter.
If you identify an error in the membership rosters or think of a group of staff that would benefit from networking, please contact us.
Year One Networking Groups, Chairs and Contact Information
During the inaugural year of the program, the following Networking Groups will be active. Feel like something is missing? Have ideas? Please let us know.
- Advising (graduate and undergraduate programs)
•Rachel Lebrett, Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
•Christal Wintersmith, Graduate Student Affairs Officer, Department of Biomedical Engineering
Email list: email@example.com
- Account Managers, Financial Analysts, Contracts and Grants
•Melanie Clague, Director of Shared Services Purchasing
•Nena Herrera, Financial Operations Manager, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Personnel, Visa Coordinators, Payroll and HR
•Sabrina Oliver, Front Office Coordinator/Academic Personnel/Visa Liaison, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Email list: email@example.com
•Leon Szeto, Web Content Specialist, Dean's Office - Marketing and Communications
Email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
•Ruben Arevalo, Business Technical Support Analyst, Department of Biomedical Engineering
•Shannon Chee, IT Lead and Information Security Analyst, Departments of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science Engineering
•Joseph Menke, Systems Administrator, Dean's Office - IT
Email list: email@example.com
- Research Engineers, Shop Managers, Lab Managers and Safety Coordinators
•Jose Mojica, Engineering Student Design Center Manager
Email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year in Review
Based on the group goals, the Chair/Co-Chairs will set reoccurring, hour-long, monthly meetings. The meeting format may vary based on the group goals.
- Kick-off Meeting (July): Each Networking Group will have an initial meeting to establish their group and set up the meetings for the next academic year. Each July, the groups should reevaluate their individual and group goals to keep the Networking Group current and relevant for all members.
- Mid-year Check-in (January): Networking Group Chair/Co-Chairs will meet with members of G52 Committee to discuss the group’s progress, plans for future and succession planning.
- Year-in-Review Celebration (June): Each Networking Group will have an end of the year meeting to reflect on the past year’s goals, celebrate their accomplishments and each other, and select the next year's Chair/Co-Chairs.