Onboarding Checklist – New Staff Member
Please utilize the checklist to assist you with completing all of the required onboarding tasks within your first month in your new role.
- Meeting with Hiring Manager and your new team.
- Receive keys (if necessary).
Review the following:
- Job description and expectations
- First week itinerary
Explore the following websites:
Set up the following:
- Create Login ID, email and passphrase (once Employee ID number is secured).
- Outlook (share calendar, add signature/photo, etc.)
- Direct deposit with Payroll
- Submit Website Directory Update form
- Access any other team-specific systems (Box, Slack, Asana, etc.)
- Activate and set up voice mail (VoIP).
- View and edit the online directory listing.
- Review Time Reporting System (TRS) timesheet instructions and guidelines.
- Sign up for an in-person or virtual campus tour.
- Sign up to attend New Employee Welcome (virtual, then in-person in Jan. 2022).
- Sign up to attend Benefits Orientation.
- Complete Online New Employee Orientation.
- Complete Living the Principles of Community training.
- Order business cards and name badge (if necessary).
- Complete background check (if required).
- Request a portrait session.
Within the First 30 Days
- Meet weekly with Hiring Manager to complete orientation on work-related tasks and ask/answer questions.
- Join a Staff Networking Group and attend monthly meeting.
- Discuss/identify other training and development activities to participate in.
- Complete the college's Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Emergency Action Plan (EAP) online training in the Learning Center. Review the college's Safety webpage for more resources.
Second to Sixth Month
- Seek monthly feedback from Hiring Manager about job performance.
- Review performance evaluation with Hiring Manager to determine completion of probationary period.
- Celebrate completion of probationary period!
- Set goals for next six months.