Onboarding Checklist – New Staff Member
Please utilize the checklist to assist you with completing all of the required onboarding tasks within your first month in your new role.
- Meeting with Hiring Manager and your new team.
- Receive keys (if necessary).
Review the following:
- Job description and expectations
- First week itinerary
Explore the following websites:
Set up the following:
- Create Login ID, email and passphrase (once Employee ID number is secured).
- Outlook (share calendar, add signature/photo, etc.)
- Direct deposit with Payroll
- Submit Website Directory Update form
- Access any other team-specific systems (Box, Slack, Asana, etc.)
- Activate and set up voice mail (VoIP).
- View and edit the online directory listing.
- Review Time Reporting System (TRS) timesheet instructions and guidelines.
- Sign up for an in-person or virtual campus tour.
- Sign up to attend New Employee Welcome (virtual, then in-person in Jan. 2022).
- Sign up to attend Benefits Orientation.
- Complete Online New Employee Orientation.
- Complete Living the Principles of Community training.
- Order business cards and name badge (if necessary).
- Complete background check (if required).
- Request a portrait session.
Within the First 30 Days
- Meet weekly with Hiring Manager to complete orientation on work-related tasks and ask/answer questions.
- Join a Staff Networking Group and attend monthly meeting.
- Discuss/identify other training and development activities to participate in.
- Complete the college's Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Emergency Action Plan (EAP) online training in the Learning Center.
Second to Sixth Month
- Seek monthly feedback from Hiring Manager about job performance.
- Review performance evaluation with Hiring Manager to determine completion of probationary period.
- Celebrate completion of probationary period!
- Set goals for next six months.