- There shall be a Committee for Awards composed of one representative from each department and division of the College of Engineering. The Associate Dean for Academic Personnel and Planning shall serve as an ex officio member of this Committee. The Committee shall meet at least once each quarter.
- The Committee shall seek to identify award opportunities for engineering faculty and coordinate interdepartmental or college-wide responses.
- The Committee shall send out a call to each department and division in the college for nominations to receive an Outstanding Junior Faculty Award, Outstanding Senior and Mid-Career Research Awards, and the Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award. The Committee will review all nominations for these awards and make recommendations to the Dean.
- The Committee shall send out a call to each department and division in the college for nominations to receive the Zuhair A. Munir Award for Best Doctoral Dissertation. Committee members will review all nominations and make the final selection.
- Committee members shall consult with their home department to propose names of potential speakers for the Dean’s Distinguished Lecture Series. The Awards Committee will review the list of suggested speakers at its fall meeting prior to being forwarded to the Dean.
Awards Committee Members
|Biological and Agricultural Engineering||Nitin Nitin|
|Biomedical Engineering||Sanjeevi Sivasankar|
|Chemical Engineering||Bruce Gates|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||Jason DeJong|
|Computer Science||Zhaojun Bai|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||Jerry Woodall|
|Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering||
Harry Cheng (fall)
Mohamed Hafez (winter/spring)
|Materials Science and Engineering||Subhash Risbud|
|Ex Officio||Alyssa Panitch|
|Administrative Support||Constanze Ditterich|