Managers and supervisors are responsible for conducting ergonomic evaluations for their employees as per P&P 290-16. Participation by the manager/supervisor is required in order to perform an ergonomic evaluation of the employee’s workstation. Employees desiring an ergonomic evaluation will need to contact their supervisor.
Do a self-assessment. This is recommended annually as well as helping to understand ergonomics and the evaluations that may be needed. Go here for the link –https://safetyservices.ucdavis.edu/training/ergonomics-computer-users-davis-campus
Second step – an evaluation (if needed)
Tier One Evaluation
Contact your department safety coordinator (DSC). If they’re unavailable or unable to assist then contact Steven Dilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tier one evaluation.
Submit an EH&S’s Ergonomics Evaluation Request if a professional evaluation is needed following the Tier One Evaluation. Here’s a direct link – http://safetyservices.ucdavis.edu/form/ergonomics-evaluation-request. EH&S asks that a tier one evaluation be completed prior to submitting a request for professional evaluation.
Furniture and Accessories
COE offers the following 3 chairs for an employee’s workstation set-up. Please send an email to COE Recieving if you wish to try one out before purchase.
LEAP – https://www.steelcase.com/products/office-chairs/leap
AMIA – https://www.steelcase.com/products/office-chairs/amia
THINK – https://www.steelcase.com/products/office-chairs/think
Wrist supports, footrests, etc may be purchased directly by managers from referenced vendors.
Request for Accommodation – Height Adjustable Workstation
Sit-stand workstations require a doctor’s note or UCD Professional Ergo evaluation that should be given directly to COE’s HR Manager. Desktop converter may need to be considered/used prior to install of height adjustable desk.
Please follow these steps to request a height adjustable workstation accommodation:
- Employee informs supervisor of need for accommodation and gets doctor’s note and/or UCD Ergonomic evaluation.
- Employee submits note and/or evaluation directly to HR manager. (Do not include anyone else on correspondence.)
- HR sends email to Stephani with cc to Jessie/manager noting that a height adjustable workstation request is needed.
- Stephani contacts employee to schedule a time to meet, review current set-up, and coordinate install of height adjustable workstation as needed.
- Consideration/use of desktop converter. These items can be purchased directly by department. Here are a couple of options:
- Other option identified by employee.
- Installation of height adjustable desk. This may require a site visit from a UC Davis furniture representative.
- Standing mat, footrest, monitor arms, etc purchased as needed.